Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Future Wedding Plans

I can't wait to get married. I have been planning for, um, 8 years! Yes, EIGHT years! So you could say that I pretty much know what I want and could get married in 6 months. HA HA!

- Purple/green (sage)/Ivory
- outdoors
- hydrangeas/peonys/tulips
- floral archway
- DJ
- buffet
- I have started the guest list (close to 200 people)
- wedding party is selected
- strapless gown
- chapel veil
- hair up
- purple heels
- think I want my girls to carry ivory bouquets and I will have a colored one (not sure about that yet)

I am pretty confident in the photographer I would like to use. We went to high school together and I have seen some of her work, she is great. Click here to visit her website!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Knot website!!!!

I know where I want my wedding, and that is going to be a bone of contention. I want an outdoor wedding at Selby Gardens. It's a beautiful place and we would be surrounded by nature. My parents want me to get married in the church, and they are adamant about it. I don't particularly care for the decor at our church. They went mad with marble and I can't stand the look of it. So, even if I wanted to get married in the church I am not going to really want to get married in my family's church. My guy's church is pretty from the outside, Church of the Incarnation. So I can't imagine which conversation would be worse, not getting married in the church or not getting married in our church. *wince* I am not an active church goer, part of me feels that it would be a contradiction to get married in the church when I don't practice actively. I know that when I get married it's supposed to be what my guy and I want, but how do we do that without insulting our parents. Additionally, I think my guy's mom wants us to use her house for the reception or the banquet room at the SaraBay Country Club for the reception. It's a nice location, but it's not what I had envisioned. Quite frankly it's ugly. And while they have a beautiful house and a lot of property, it would feel like I am giving into her and letting her have control, and um, yea, it's not her wedding. It's mine.

Since we want to get married out doors, and not with the church, I have selected vows from a book I read that I would prefer to us as opposed to the traditional ones. I like the traditional ones, but I think the ones that I have chosen are better for me and my guy.

I would love to get married under an archway covered in flowers. But I am sure that would be expensive. I want my guys to wear tan suits with ivory neck ties. I despise bow ties, they are so old fashioned. I want my dad to walk me down the aisle. I want Pachelbel's Canon in D Major playing as I walk down the aisle. I want a modest 3 tier cake with smooth fondant and purple ribbon at the bottom of each layer with our last name initial as a cake topper. I want champagne. I want an open bar. I think I want a sweetheart table, but haven't decided yet. I want my tables to be named after movies. Movies that my guy and I have seen together. It's apart of us, movies, we met at a movie theatre.

Things I am looking forward to:
- being pampered (yea I said it!)
- my guy seeing me walk down the aisle
- my father giving me away
- me and my guy's first dance, we have had our song picked out for about 8 years! :)
- father/daughter dance- I think I want Daddy's Little Girl or My Girl not sure yet.
- brothers/sister dance - I have 2 brothers so I may have to split. Then I have days when I think that I am not sure that I want to do this at all.
- and selfishly an entire day of being the center of attention *sheepish grin* (there isn't anything wrong with that right???)

I have this clear vision in my head of how it should be. It hasn't changed that much in the time we have been dating. Some ideas I had I have had time to stew over, and they are no longer an option, so that is a good way to trim the budget as well.

I think when the day arrives I will appreciate it more. I am older and I won't take it for granted. I want to focus more on the things that I will remember. Pictures are hugely important to me, good music, good food, and good friends and family around laughing and having a great time...that is what matters. The place cards, the cake, the invitations may set the tone, but they are not what people are going to remember, at least that is my opinion.

How do you remember your wedding day?


**tried to insert pictures...no patience for technology this a.m.**

No comments:

Post a Comment