Wednesday, January 27, 2010

home sweet home....almost

With the recent almost home purchasing endeavour still fresh in my mind I often wonder what makes a house a home.

We are currently renting from my guy's parents, and yes they make us pay rent. I hate this house. It's too small. I don't feel like I can really make this house MY home. Even though I didn't set foot in a house at all. I merely looked at them online...I felt like I was more at home there then here in this house. I saw life when I looked at those photos. I could see myself in the kitchen cooking and Aaron sitting on the couch watching TV. I could see a future there. I cant' here. I saw dinner parties, meatball Sundays, family dinners. I can't do that here. Our rooms are so small and our furniture is so big. I know it's a bit naive to plan so much without even setting foot in the house. I am hopeful.

Not to mention that getting out of this house would really benefit me. I don't like that I don't like this house or that I can't take any interest in this house. It's kind of sad that I was more attached to a virtual house then the one that I live in. I live here. I call it home. But it doesn't "feel" like home.

So... what makes a house a home?



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment you left. It means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete