Sunday, December 6, 2009

Wonderful time of the year

Christmas is m favorite time of year! I love the cooler weather and the hustle and bustle of people shopping and the family coming together. It seems that during this time of year we are more willing to make the time to get together and spend time together more so then any other time of the year. I wonder why that is. One of the things I love about Christmas is being at my parent's house. My mom pays so much attention to detail and she loves Christmas so, it just makes the house so warm and inviting. Don't get me wrong the house is warm and inviting for the most part all year round, but during the holidays it seems warmer! I miss waking up there on Christmas morning and seeing the house all decorated and the tree lit from the night before. I miss the comfort of "home". For some reason I can't seem to make it feel like home in the house we live in now. I even tend to lose my desire to decorate, which saddens me because I love Christmas so. I love the lights, the ornaments, the traditions and the music.....especially the music. We have so many great family traditions, I hope that I am able to remember all of them and incorporate them into my family when the time comes and that we are able to add some of our own. Tradition is one of the most important things, it keeps family together and keeps those who have passed in our memory. I truly feel that this is the most wonderful time of year. The change of season revives me and makes me feel alive inside and makes me want to do more of just anything. I wish that this lasted all year long.


No comments:

Post a Comment