Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas is a time when you get homesick - even when you're home. ~Carol Nelson

This is so how I feel! I love Christmas and every year, I wish that I was back at my parent's house on Christmas morning. There is just a feeling I get when I am there at the holidays. It feels warm, cozy and just special. My mom decorates the house so nice and we always got a real tree and that always makes the house smell great! The lights, the colors, the smells all make Christmas so special. AND THE FOOD!!! OMG the food! She makes everything from scratch, except for the raviolis. And we have this traditional Italian wedding soup that we only eat at Christmas that i just LOVE!!!! I can't imagine what Christmas is like at other people's houses or with other people's families. Being in a relationship is definitely hard at the holidays, especially Christmas for me. I don't like to be away from my family on Christmas. I don't want to share that holiday with any other non-family members. One day though, we will all be family. Hopefully then I can have Christmas at my house. That would make me so happy and it would make things easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment