Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bonfire

Last night I went to a friend's house for a bonfire. It was really nice. I enjoyed meeting the new people and getting out of the house. This is one of the reasons that I wish I lived in the north. Bonfires are so nice, warm and inviting. You can sit around, make smores, and talk and snuggle. In Florida this rarely happens, perhaps that is a good thing, then we do not take for granted. Another thing that occurred to me as I was sitting there watching the flames crackle away, is how diverse fire is. People play with fire twirling batons, jumping through hoops, and shoot flame throwers, etc. People watch fire, i.e. fire places and fire pits, but fire is so dangerous and destructive. It can demolish and ruin homes, buildings, forrests....but yet it can also be a beautiful spectacle to watch.

Anyway, I had fun taking pictures of the fire. This is the first shot that I played with the tuning, lighting etc on. There are many more to manipulate.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment