Monday, December 28, 2009

2010 Resolutions

For 2010 these are some of the things that I want to focus on:

1.
Take better care of myself
I am hypothyroid. I was diagnosed 5 years ago. I haven't gained weight this year, thank god, but I haven't lost any either. I have been trying to go to the gym as much as I can, but there are always obstacles. I need to start eating better and really focus on whole foods and natural foods. I want to lose weight before I get pregnant. Not that that is going to be happening soon, but I want to have a healthier body and be at a healthier weight. It will make me a better mom. I also need to read more and spend less time watching television.
2. Be more positive
I am not sure if it's that I don't like my job or what, but I have become quite a negative person. I was never this way. I think this may also have to do with the fact that I haven't been working out as much lately. Hopefully with the start of the new year I can get into a routine and keep up the working out. I am paying for a gym membership, I might as well use it.
3. Relax
I take everything so seriously. I need to take a deep breath and realize that things aren't as bad as they seem. I also need to try and not get so excited about things that are out of my control. I apparently have some issues with control and I need to learn that I can't control everything. That there are many things that are out of my control.
4. Go back to school
I want to major in developmental psychology and perhaps some sort of counseling. I want to help children and have also considered being a child psychologist or a social worker.
5. Tattoo
A fairy or butterfly or something along those lines
6. Take more risks
I am a chicken. I am always afraid of what people are going to think or what is going to happen. I want to go on a road trip and those sort of things. Going back to school would fall in this category too. I am afraid of failure so that is part of the reason that I haven't gone back, in addition to the not being sure of what I wanted to do.
7. Be more organized at home and at work
I am a slob...so this speaks for itself. Aaron can be a bit of a slob as well so this will benefit us both.
8. Take more pictures
I need to venture outside of my house and my family and become more adventurous with my pictures. I have plenty of Zazu and Buster. I need to go to the beach, parks, Selby Gardens, museums, etc.
9. Reestablish Date night
Aaron and I haven't been able to keep up a date night due to his schooling. Now that that is over, hopefully we will be able to make our relationship a priority and get back to enjoying each other's company before things change. This is something that I would like to establish before we have children.
10. Embrace ME!!!!
I also need to focus more on embracing who I am as a person, the good and the bad and making changes if I need to. I have been learning a lot about myself this last year. I have become more aware of things about me that I was not aware of before. I am very analytical and I like to know what is going to happen before it happens. As long as I know the end result I find that I can handle the process or series of events better. I also need to start accepting when Aaron does things that make me happy or things that I ask him to do. I have a tendency to ask him for things or to do things and then second guess myself. That needs to stop. I want him to do something or go somewhere and I need to accept that he will do it for me. I am hopelessly indecisive. That needs to change as well. I need to be able to make confident decisions and not look to others for affirmation that I made the right decision. They don't have to live with it, I DO!

No comments:

Post a Comment