Friday, March 20, 2009

Life - Phase: Marrige/Parenting

My best friend is getting married. My best friend is having a baby. While I am so incredibly happy for her, and I am, I can't help but feel very envious of her. And selfishly, I thought I would be first. I can't help but be jealous. And it makes me wonder what it would take to get Aaron to take the next step. The fact that she is taking the next step in life and I am still on the bench makes me yearn to get married and/or have a baby or something to jump start my life. People around me are procreating and wedding - when will it be me? And then the next question I have is, "Am I ready?" I am pretty sure I can handle the wife thing, since Aaron and I have lived together for several years - the parent thing I am not so sure of, and it scares me. Scared to death actually. I was raised well. I have a great relationship with my parents and I can't wait to have a child and share a bond like that. I can't imagine what that's like. It has to be an incredible feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment